Return to Work Quickly and Safely
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics from the U.S. Department of Labor, there were 2.8 million reported nonfatal workplace injuries and illnesses in 2018. Most common types of occupational injuries include sprains, strains, and tears; soreness and pain; bruises and contusions; cuts, lacerations, punctures; as well as fractures. These injuries most frequently occur as a result of overexertion, contact with objects and equipment, and falls. Less common but still reported events are transportation incidents and violence or other injuries by persons or animals.
Physical therapy is a great conservative treatment option to address a work injury. It is important that physical therapy be done early to manage the injury, educate the patient, and prevent faulty movements that may lead to more injuries elsewhere. If going through Worker’s Compensation, the
the patient must report the injury and be evaluated by their work-affiliated physician who will make the referral to physical therapy.
Our Approach at Pro-Health
Our goal is to help you return back to work quickly and safely by catering to your needs to safely fulfill your work duties. We will determine the cause of the injury, treat the injured tissues//joints, and address the contributing factors which may have triggered your injury. If all contributing factors are not identified and treated/corrected, you may be prone to repeating the same injury or sustaining another similar injury. We want to make sure that you can perform your job safely, and also that you can do so pain free and effectively.
With a very skilled physical therapist who will take one full hour to evaluate you at your first session, we will be able to thoroughly assess you going beyond the obvious symptoms. With a detailed clinical picture, a complete treatment plan can be devised. Your plan of care will be tailored to you and will include a combination of:
- Manual therapy to improve, and when possible, restore, the mobility of joints and soft tissues.
- Neuro-muscular training to optimize your posture and to restore proper movement and biomechanics needed by your job requirements.
- Education on ergonomics, management of your injuries, and prevention of other potential injuries. Strengthening or endurance exercises to address any weakness or lack of stability.
- Flexibility exercises to address any muscle and neural flexibility limitations.
- Work conditioning in the end-phase of rehab depending on your job requirements.
- Modalities including cold laser, ultrasound, electrical stimulation, spinal traction, iontophoresis, taping, biofeedback, diathermy, as well as ice and heat, can be used in your treatments to promote healing, decrease pain, minimize inflammation, decompress joints, and re-educate muscles.
English, Spanish, French, Serbian
Learn more about the services that we offer at Pro-Health Physical Therapy
Pro-Health Physical Therapy
2850 Artesia Blvd. Ste 207
Redondo Beach, CA 90278
7:30 am to 7 pm
Saturday: 8 am to 4 pm
Phone: (310) 371-4774
Fax: (310) 371-3453